[pct-l] why close the burn areas?

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Tue Apr 13 09:53:23 CDT 2010

Good morning, all,

I agree with Diane.  In ’08 I had to go around the Belden fire closure, and
later the fire closure between Etna and Seiad, but in between those two was
another fire just south of Birney Falls SP.  That fire was still smoking
when I went through, and the trail was open.  Some of my photos of that fire
can be seen in Jellybean’s Class of ’08 DVD beginning about minute 22:35.  I’ve
been through fresh burns before, and I didn’t feel particularly threatened.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09