[pct-l] Finish thru-hike in mid-August?

Madison Condon rohark.del at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 22:03:25 CDT 2009

Hi all!

I'm new to the forum but it looks like an excellent source of  information.
I've been casually planning a thru-hike of the PCT for the summer of 2010 -
leaving as early as the snows allow in April.  I'm just beginning to get
serious about the plan -- I have to restart school at the very end of August
so a thru-hike is only possible if I can finish in early to mid-August.  Is
this an unrealistic goal?  I have lots of section hiking experience on the
AT but its hard for me to transfer mileages - from hikers I've talked to and
journals I've read it seems like folks are able to average more distance per
day on the PCT.  Am I crazy to hope to finish early?

Thanks for any opinions!
RO-del