[pct-l] Peek and Peek charger

Spring kjssail at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 29 21:34:32 CDT 2009

Hi Kea -The Peek charger is very light - I can't tell you in grams, but it compares to the weight of the battery.  That said, I carried a regular Peek across Oregon and found it to be only slightly better than useless.  I don't have the Pronto, but believe the only difference is the software.  I rarely got service.  Plus I wish I had set up a new email address because it is not easy to deal with all the email I regularly wade through.  I would think the comparison with a cell phone - which I don't carry - is one that I wonder about.  What cell service does Peek use?  I only found connectivity at Mt. Hood, Willamette Pass and in Ashland.Others were using cell phones and I couldn't get a signal.  I decided I would use it when I go off on city trips, but leave it at home for hikes.  The $20/mo compares positively when priced against most cell phones.
Happy Hiking,    Spring