[pct-l] Public Announcement - Tent

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Sep 15 22:56:52 CDT 2009

Yes, once again, Switchback is at the cutting edge of backpacking evolution.? I just ordered a new tent from REI.? The world famous freestanding all netting Marmot EOS 1P tent.?

I like my Hubba, but I like the entry/exit on the Marmot much better.? I don't sit in my tent, so head room is not a big deal to me.? The Marmot has 5 more feet of floor space, which is just about right for my needs.? The Hubba is a little too narrow.

The weight should be just under 3 pounds, which is in my standards for a shelter.? It is in a nice pumkin color, which good for my rescue in the wilds.

I am going to have to play with the fly set up.? I like to watch the storm outside from inside my tent.? I think I can make this work with the Marmot.

I will have to cut a nice new 3 ounce ground cloth when I get the tent.? I want a porch area on my ground cloth too.? So, I will cut one side a little bigger.? When I get out of my tent I like to step on something clean and protective, while I slip on my boots.? And look around for any backpackers to harass.

I know this will cause a big rush on this tent at REI as others buy one too for the 2010 campaign, so you better hurry.? I think this is going to feel like a palace after using the Hubba for so long.

They have some neat Marmot two-person tents too with two doors? Check them out.

Later, Switchback