[pct-l] Backpacking Cot

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Sep 16 07:27:26 CDT 2009

How about a nice cot for your backpacking adventures?? Of course, it weighs 2.5 pounds, but so you have to cut back a little on food weight.? Big deal.? You need to lose the weight anyway.? Stop eating so much on the trail!? Carry a few ProBars and LaraBars instead.

Checkout www.luxurylite.com and www.aerostich.com/high-tech-cot.html.

I wonder if this cot would be fun to have on short backpacking trips.? The best I can tell it really works for comfort and a restful sleep for side sleepers (like me).? You need a sleeping pad if it cold.

Seriously, if you have some back problems, this might be the ticket.? It might have special uses for some backpackers with some medical challenges.? Or may be for those who just do not sleep comfortable with the traditional gear.

Later, Sleepless in Las Vegas