[pct-l] Ride: San Diego Airport to Campo around May 1

Julian Plamann julian at amity.be
Sun Mar 22 21:48:42 CDT 2009

I'm taking public transportation from San Diego to Campo on May 5th and am
using the following itinerary to get from San Diego to Campo. The schedule
seems to be the same Monday through Friday so if your brother were to leave
Friday, May 1st, I'm sure he could do the same thing.

1. Take Greyhound from the San Diego station (120 W. Broadway) to El Cajon
Transit Center:
Departs San Diego: 7:00AM  ...  Arrives at El Cajon Transit Center: 7:30AM

2. Take SD Rural Route 894 bus from El Cajon Transit Center to Campo:
Departs El Cajon Transit Center: 9:10AM   ... Arrives in Campo at 10:57AM

Hostelling International is about 2 blocks from the Greyhound station and
looked to be something like $25/night. I've always had good experience with
HI (never been to the San Diego one, but I'm going to be staying there the
night before I start this year).

Sunset is at about 8PM so starting from 11ish at the monument will likely
allow him to reach Lake Morena and the first water source by dusk if he
wants to walk that far the first day.

Hope this helps,
Julian