[pct-l] Pine Canyon to Hwy 58 3.5 days

Tahoecat tahoe.cat at verizon.net
Sat Mar 21 11:18:37 CDT 2009

"How's Your Trail?"   Hi Bill  We started at Pine Canyon on the 17th and
went to hiker town, That first little creek you come to about a mile or so
out had water but I doubt that it will be there in May. I had marked every
thing with my gps the mistakenly deleted every thing. I would sent Pics but
me PC sucks right now. Got to Hiker Town and met Bob, Very Nice Guy. Bed
were soft and we were out in about twenty minutes, my friend and I had
gotten up the day before at 4pm and worked all night, so we were shot. Left
the next morning and headed for the aquaduct. It was a nice day not to hot.
As we were walking along the "cement" a guy pulls up and hands out a couple
of cold sodas and says "Now remember Moter Cycle riders and Good People
too".  I wanted to say yes but they break the law. We finally got to
Cottonwood creek. There was a 5 gallon bottle half full of "yellow Green sum
and a lot of bugs. There was no top on it, I wouldn't even try filtering
that  "YUCK". There was not other water at cottonwood. We spent the night
there and slept the night while two large Owls sang to us. We were just
about out of water when we looked down and saw "Tyler" creek running fast
about 18" wide and 3-4" deep, that should be there for a while. We tanked up
and went on our way. When we got to the "Sahar of the west"  the trail was
hard to find. Motor cycle tracks every where, You know. those good people.
LOL  The real bed Decomposed Granite hills were very hard to get thru. One
step forward and two down and then back up. There were parts of the hike
that the signage was Great and then there were parts where we were bush
wacking because of down trees and or Motor Cycle ditches. We met Sandy and
Barb going up as we were coming down, I hope they knew there was a storm
coming in. They were going to Cotton wood creek. We got to Tehachapi Willow
springs and resupplied more water, green yellow scum but still filterable.
That will be there a while too but not shure how long. Got to hwy 58 at 6:30
on the 20th and drove home last night. My nephew picked us up. Over all it
was a challenge and now it is very hard to walk. My right knee is big as a
house, I popped Vicodin and Naproxen like there was no tomorrow. It was good
and now I have hiked from the Border in 03' to Bird Spring Pass. Wow 7 years
how time flies.  Any Questions feel free to ask but
Remember  "Be Prepared"  Ground Pounder Bill     "Semper Fi"