[pct-l] Everything I need?

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 16:04:40 CDT 2009

If you are trying to get it down to the absolute minimum?
You can do the trail on just the guide book pages pertinent to the trail you
are on., but you won't have as good an idea of where you are or where your
next water might be.  Add a couple of data book pages for that.
If you want to save money and will stay in at least a few motels, the
biggest money saver there is is to have Yogi's Guide.

Now here's one more piece of paper for southern California.  The Water
Report.  www.4jeffrey.net

Most people use the 8 1/2 X 11 Tom Harrison John Muir Trail Maps for the
Sierra.

I only carry the paper I need for the section I am in.

Monty

Lightweight Backpacking
The fun goes up when the weight goes down
-Warner Springs Monty