[pct-l] waterproof socks

Sean Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Wed Mar 18 11:47:59 CDT 2009

Hey Brad,

Personally, I think trying to use waterproof socks for stream crossings is almost useless.  Everyone who reviews them always ends up complaining how they leaked or something.

However using them in snow with trail runners is a different thing.  There they actually work.  And for that application I've talked to some guys who used them for a winter start on the AT.  And the opinion was that they liked the Gortex Rocky Socks better then the Sealskinz though both work.  I personally own the Sealskinz socks but I bought them because they were a lot cheaper at the time.  I sized them bigger so I could layer other socks under them depending on how cold it is.

-Sean