[pct-l] Jetboil - if it won't light

Jereen Anderson jereenanderson at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 8 10:23:44 CDT 2009

From: MendoRider

I can't understand the problems that some have had with thier Jetboil stoves. I used mine for nearly 4 months on the PCT with the same igniter. I brought along the maintenance  kit but never needed it. I did have it fail to ignite on 2 or 3 occasions. I discovered why and easily fixed it. This is IMPORTANT; If you tighten the stove onto the canister too tight it won't light. I tried backing it off slightly and that solved it. On one occasion I carefuilly bent the igniter wire. Only do that if you have first checked that it is'nt too tight.