[pct-l] growing sprouts!! mmm

Lenny Leum littleleum at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 8 13:24:07 CDT 2009

Hey, so I had this great idea, well, actually, it's good old mom who grows the sprouts.  I was just thinking how great it would be to have fresh sprouts 2 or 3 days in when I had long since eaten all my perishables and such.  The tricky part of growing sprouts is that you have to wash them 2 or 3 times a day to keep them moist and flush the water.  This would be difficult if I had to deal with filtering/treating water to baby my sprouts, just another hastle that might not be worth the pay off.  I was wondering what people thought about using untreated water to grow the sprouts, and then when they were ready to eat give them one good wash with treated water.  If there was giardia or something nasty in the water you used to grow them, would that become a part of the grown sprout?  Thanks for the feedback.On a side note "Humor - Don't Chanllenge a Woman," that was classic.Lenny