[pct-l] dogs from campo to julian

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Sun Mar 1 13:31:14 CST 2009

I've heard on this list that dogs are allowed on this part of the PCT,
but I have never seen a citation that verifies it. The PCT here is in
the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park for some distance, roughly from where
it leaves the Laguna Recreation Area north of Garnet Peak to Third Gate
in the San Felipe Hills (with a few miles outside the park near
Rodriguez Canyon and Scissors Crossing).

My source is the park map brochure available at
http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/638/files/AnzaBorregoDesert.pdf

There is reads:
"The desert is a dangerous place for your pet and it is recommended that
you leave it at home. Dogs are allowed on roadways and in campgrounds.
They are not allowed on any trails or in natural areas. Dogs must be
kept on a leash no longer than six feet and under the immediate control
of a person. At night, dogs must be kept in a tent or vehicle."

Can someone provide an official printed source that refutes that? My
puppy would like to know too!

AsABat