[pct-l] Tent for JMT

Paul Cronshaw beemancron at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 16 15:25:09 CDT 2009

Dave,
I used a Rainbow on a couple sections of the JMT and high sierras several years ago when I hiked with my scout troop.  Loved this shelter. For my JMT thru-hike in 2008, I reduced my base pack weight; the Rainbow was replaced by Gossamer's Gear's "The One". Dropped the shelter weight over a half. The One worked well in afternoon thunderstorms and as a mosquito retreat. Combine it with a couple of the new GG Litetrek 4 poles and you really have a sturdy, lightweight shelter that will hold up in the high sierras. Paul "The Beeman" CronshawJMT photos at http://www.picasaweb.google.com/beemancron