[pct-l] Current trail conditions. Kearsarge to Mammoth

andy.hiker at ntlworld.com andy.hiker at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 16 15:57:31 CDT 2009

Hi
We arrived in Mammoth yesterday after a tough hike through from Kearsarge pass. Some of the passes were ok and some were pretty sketchy. We had to cut and kick steps over the steep ones.....and a few other hikers came through behind us (there were some in front too....we were not the first!
Its cold, wet and a fair lot of snow in places up there but so beautiful! Ice axes are needed. I had crampons and self arrested once on a steep slide! I was on the cold side too with a 20deg bag and 6 layers on (ok I am a wimp!)
Fantastic and tough hiking. There were 6 of us in a group, just so you know, which really helped
(also we went over Kearsarge over a week ago).
Hope this helps and good luck

Andy (dryfoot)

http://blog.andywestactive.com/blog