[pct-l] (no subject)

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Sun Jun 14 10:59:29 CDT 2009

The Hostel still is not open, and is not likely to do so any time soon. Damn beaurocrats!The Pub is still a GREAT hiker-friendly spot to eat and drink. Walk down from the trailhead to the highway, turn right, and walk about 1/3 mile. It's on your right.

from their website: http://www.pacificcrestpub.com

"3/09 update: Hood River County will not allow us to open the hostel upstairs unless we meet handicap access laws, including an elevator and handicap bathrooms. In addition, they want us to install a commercial sprinkler system, which would require a new, separate water line, etc. Together, these items are cost prohibitive ($50k+), so we have delayed the hostel plans until further notice. Our apologies to our hiker friends and especially to the PCT thru hikers!! "