[pct-l] clothing for JMT trip

Scott Davis smdmd141 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 14:56:57 CDT 2009

My 18 yo son and I are beginning a JMT thru-hike starting from Happy Isles
on July 24 and plan to finish on August 7 -- with a resupply at Muir Trail
Ranch. We are aiming to have our packs (including food and water) to be
between 25-28 lbs. I am planning to take an Ex-Officio Insect Repellent/Buzz
Off  Baja long sleeve shirt (sleeves can be easily rolled up and buttoned).
  I only want to take 1 other shirt and am deciding between an Icebreaker
shirt sleeve shirt and a heavier weight Icebreaker long sleeve shirt but
don't know how cold it may get in the early morning or evening during this
time.  The only other upper body clothing I am planning to take is a Marmot
Precip jacket. Only other outerwear clothing I am planing to bring/wear is 1
pair of Ex-Officio Buzz Off convertible pants and possibly a very
lightweight fleece hat and gloves.  Thanks for your suggestions and input.
Scott
smdmd141 at gmail.com