[pct-l] clothing for JMT trip

Ellen Shopes igellen at comcast.net
Sun Jun 7 20:26:59 CDT 2009

Expect daytime temps to be warm, especially at the lower elevations of the
trip.  Night temps will be around freezing (at higher elevations, at the
worst), although one never knows for sure.  As they say, it can snow any
month of the year on Mt Whitney.
What you have sounds reasonable, depending on how you handle the temp
extremes.  I don't take a long-sleeve shirt, just a T-shirt, mid weight top,
and jacket.  I spray the hiking clothes with permithion to bug-proof it.
We'll be out there about the same time; maybe we'll run into each other.
Have a great hike!
Elderly Ellen