[pct-l] Cuben Tarp and Pack Cover

Wayne Kraft wayneskraft at comcast.net
Mon Jun 1 22:05:35 CDT 2009

Kea, responding to you off list because I seldom post to the PCT-L.
Go to backpackinglight.com and search the site for the word "cuben."
I think you'll get a lot of hits.  In fact I just did it and got 447
forum hits.  Here's  a link to my search.  There has been much
discussion and experimentation there with cuben fiber.  In particular,
Bill Fornshell has made quite a lot of stuff with cuben.  Backpacking
Light is a subscription website, but most of the forum content is
accessible to non-subscribers I think.  I used to be a subscriber and
found some of their articles quite interesting, but I ultimately let
my subscription lapse when the website seemed to be (a) repeating
itself and (b) drifting off into political controversies and whatnot.
If you haven't mined the contents of the site, it might be worth
subscribing to it for a while.

Wayne Kraft