[pct-l] PCT Thru hiker rescued....

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Sat Jul 25 10:22:00 CDT 2009

I may have missed the original message, but why does the subject of this message say "PCT Thru Hiker?"  All of the thrus are well north of Yosemite now (close to or in Oregon).  The PCT/JMT does not go by Merced Lake.  The vast majority of hikers out there in the news are NOT PCT thru hikers.  Was there a previous message confirming that this guy was on his way to Canada on the PCT?  Or, is he just another Darwin Award nominee displaying his qualifications out on a trail?

L-Rod