[pct-l] SuperSecrets - Hiking Radio

RJ Lewis karmagurl at cox.net
Sat Jul 18 22:57:19 CDT 2009

I too like taking my amateur radio on the trail with me, but for times
when I just want tunes, I take an RCA Pearl 2 Gig AM/FM w/record (it has
a mic), and u can add mini chips to it for extra music etc....
 I paid 40 bux for this lil radio at WalMart and it weighs, with lithium
battery and headphones, 1.6 oz. The battery lasts somewhere in the
neighborhood of 75 hours.
  You can load this MP3 player/radio with tunes the same way you load an
iPod, using the USB port on your computer and a compatible program, or
just use the one that came with the player. Very simple to use.
 For an amateur radio on the trail, I take my Kenwood handheld
dualbander. Granted, this was one spendy radio, but it gets alot of use
off the trail too, so has been well worth what I paid for it.

Have a good one all!
SoulSista
K0RJO