[pct-l] JMT cell coverage

Joshua M jtmlite at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 21:57:16 CDT 2009

haha, ... haha, no really hahaha. Ok, with all of that aside I was
always surprised where I would get cell phone coverage.  I had sprint and
always heard the AT&T guys got good service, I really doubt you will have
any service anywhere along the JMT.  There are a couple places like VVR and
Muir Trail Ranch you could make an emergency call.  You'll also have a
couple ranger stations that probably have a way to communicate with the
outside world in case of an emergency.  Lastly if you want something to make
you feel safe and as a "just in case" I would look into a spot transmitter
with all the bells and whistles, They will get a signal! :) If you want your
cell phone just to talk to people, I recommend leaving it at home, its just
extra weight.  Hope this helps a bit.