[pct-l] See You on the Trail

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jul 4 17:15:55 CDT 2009

Snappy JMT Reinhold writes: "Adios" my friends,...........it has been nice knowing all of you (well most of you anyhow),...........hope to see you all on the trail some day.?Until then, "Happy Trails"?
Switchback replies: Yes, old warriors should fade away periodically only to unexpectedly sneak attack everyone once again.? This is one deception ploy applied by all great military minds.? Let everyone be lulled into peaceful PCT campsite slumber and then they are rudefully awakened to the noise of the?feared Trail Pirates Brigade and former Marines attacking.? Then the screams and pleading begins.? "Please don't take me prisoner.? Let?me?go.? I will not fetch much at the PCT auction.? I am skin and bones and cannot work very hard for my new Indian master -- I have been on the trail too long."? Of course this will fall on?deaf ears and this is when we let them write a letter to their loved ones asking for ransom money for their release.? Those who are disowned by former loved ones (and that will be most hiker trash backpackers, who were never understood anyway) will be traded along with their gear for many horses, blankets, and gold nuggets.

Yes, you will see them on the trail again someday, but it is not what they think.??It will be happy trails for us and only us.

This brings up a great idea.? There should be a PCT auction at the April Kickoff, Fall Gathering, and the annual PCTA Trail Fest.? We could hold on to some of the more?appealing ?specimens and get top dollar for them at these well attended events.? Cool.? Every self respecting PCT backpacker needs/wants someone to carry their kit down the trail.? It would be like slack packing only with your own personal?valet with you on the trail.? I know this going to be very popular with big profits for us.? With all the human slavery that goes on in the world everyday, this is minor league stuff and we will probably be hailed as heros --- rich heros I might add.? We will get praise for thinning the herd of the sick, weak, and wounded.? No more dreams of reaching Canada or anything else.