[pct-l] Wanted: accounts of heroism and bravery on the PCT

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Fri Jan 30 22:53:20 CST 2009

As many of you know, I endeavor to teach Thru-Hike Preparation, in specific, on-snow skills training.

I like to tell your stories to my students to illustrate certain aspects of my training curriculum.

I have recently received a fantastic account of personal bravery through pain and will share it with all
of you as soon as I get permission to do so.

With this in mind, I'd like to ask all of you who have thru-hike accounts of heroism and/or bravery through
situations that happened to you, or those of your group with whom you had personal contact, to
please write them down and send them to me with permission to re-tell to my students and prospective
students.

Thanks. You all are a wealth of experience that, when shared, can help others have safer and happier trips
of their own.

Mtnned