[pct-l] Alcohol Stove Fuel

C. Hansen cloxdog at rocketmail.com
Fri Jan 30 20:45:27 CST 2009

I've been experimenting by building alcohol stoves as well.  I've also noticed a substantially more yellow flame when using denatured alcohol instead of HEET in the same stoves.  But I'm having so much fun, I'm going to keep messing around... try to see if the size of the jet holes can mellow out the yellow.
A little more than halfway down this page ( http://zenstoves.net/Stoves.htm#Fuels ) typical alcohol stove fuels are described.  You can see the difference between the HEET and denatured alcohol.  It's worth a look see.
C.Hansen