[pct-l] TP ???

Stephen reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 25 20:34:31 CST 2009

Torty I'm still on the fence about what I think of these groups.
Traditionally I have been anti-large group and by that I mean more than two.
And traditionally the SC has a well established history of mega groups,
giga-groups even, huge ! But everyone Imeet is ussually well intentioned and
worth the time tostop and say hello.  But when I'm sitting on a remote
summit and I see eight people wanderingup the peak and making all kinds of
noise I have trouble fighting off an ingrained tendency to launch mystery
rocks...
This is not too often, and I don't climb much anymore, but I still read the
stories about SC'ers falling and killing themselves.  Imet a group
scrambling up Mt Goode once and they snubbed me and acted as if they had
some special propriety.  Not the whole group, but about have of eight or so
folks.  IIRC I asked what was wrong with them folks and maybe a change of
attitude was in order.  Now don't go getting the wrong idea.  Ussually I
like meeting these folks and it's all good.  I could say much the same about
the BSA or any number of groups, but every once in a while about once or
twice a season, I seem to run into the arrogant few.  A couple years back I
was enjoying a very peaceful time at a delicate ruins site in theUtah back
country which was just gaining poularity unfortunately.  And while I'm there
here come about 12 scouts and the additional supposed to be responsible
adults, so about fifteen people, clammering down the opposite cliff.  OM@#$%
who thought this would be a good idea, go to freakin Mesa Verde!!!  If you
find me on the trail I have stories...