[pct-l] Trekking Pole noise ! ! !

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Jan 21 09:46:35 CST 2009

On Jan 20, 2009, at 10:19 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> To be quite honest, if I really want a wilderness experience I
> wouldn't go looking for it on the PCT, and esspecially not the JMT

This is true. The PCT is not a wilderness experience.

If I want a completely solitary experience, I head into the San
Rafael, Dick Smith, Matillija or Sespe Wilderness.

I found the pole noise to be useful. I don't like startling people as
I approach. So I will make a little extra noise with the poles to
gently wake them from their reverie before I say hello.

As for replacing tips, I simply put the new tip over the old one.