[pct-l] Obtaining a leave of absence

Bill BillBatch at cox.net
Sun Feb 22 10:49:24 CST 2009

Sara,

My experience was similar to others.  So, I won't bother reiterating.   I
only wanted to add a couple thoughts.

The current economy may make your quest easier.   Many companies are trying
desperately to lower overhead right now.   Dropping someone from their
salary for 6 months without risking the long term loss of a valuable
employee may be very well received.

In my case, I also struggled with the question, "what if they say no".   Was
I willing to leave a good job.   I decided that while I thought I would have
to resign, I really could not ponder that idea fully until after I asked.
If I was told "no" and hence I decided I would resign, I had months to play
that out before I left.  In the end, I did not need to go there.   They
granted my leave.

Then, I fell on my face on my hike, was back to work well ahead of schedule
and now wonder... ... ... How the HELL am I going to ask again!
Tick-tock-tick-tock

Pink Gumby