[pct-l] CORRECTION: Permits for the rest of us

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Sun Feb 8 14:52:16 CST 2009

Wow, that's never happened to me. Maybe I've been more stealth, or maybe
times have changed recently. Probably with the increasing use it's
become an issue. Still, a "wilderness" permit for non-wilderness is an
interesting concept. As I said earlier, several times I've asked and
been told all I needed was a campfire permit.

AsABat

-----Original Message-----
From: Engraving Pros [mailto:mail at engravingpros.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2009 11:54 AM
To: pct-l at backcountry.net; 'JIM BANKS'; AsABat
Subject: RE: [pct-l] CORRECTION: Permits for the rest of us

Descanco Cleveland National Forest Ranger Station.

"If you wish to camp outside of the developed campgrounds in the
Descanco
Cleveland National Forest Ranger district you must obtain a free
Visitors
Wilderness Permit"

Recorded message 619-445-6235 press 2 for more information.

I only brought this up because it is my back yard and I have been busted
by
Rangers more than once for not having a permit. Busted being - once they
made me go to the nearest Ranger Station and obtain a permit and once
the Ranger issued me a permit on the spot.

Robert