[pct-l] Pemits

joseph kisner lostonthecrest at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 8 14:20:32 CST 2009

While in the Kings Canyon last summer, I had the pleasure to meet one of the head back country rangers. She told us that they are haveing quite a few people every year, hiking the John Muir Trail, as well as other trailheads in the area, trying to play it off like they were useing the 500 mile+ PCT thru-hike permit. Not only are they aware of the permit, they are also frowning down on its misuses. I think there will be changes in the future, because of these misuses. It would be a shame for the thru-hike permit to be a thing of the past, because of a bunch of section hikers misuseing it.