[pct-l] Pemits

Stephen reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 8 14:39:42 CST 2009

Yeah I met her too.  Enough said
----- Original Message -----
From: "joseph kisner" <lostonthecrest at hotmail.com>
To: <pct-l at backcountry.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2009 12:20 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Pemits

While in the Kings Canyon last summer, I had the pleasure to meet one of the
head back country rangers. She told us that they are haveing quite a few
people every year, hiking the John Muir Trail, as well as other trailheads
in the area, trying to play it off like they were useing the 500 mile+ PCT
thru-hike permit. Not only are they aware of the permit, they are also
frowning down on its misuses. I think there will be changes in the future,
because of these misuses. It would be a shame for the thru-hike permit to be
a thing of the past, because of a bunch of section hikers misuseing it.