[pct-l] Evolution and Bear Creek crossings questions?

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Feb 5 09:34:36 CST 2009

On Feb 4, 2009, at 11:36 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> From: "Stephen" <reddirt2 at earthlink.net>
> Subject: [pct-l] Evolution and Bear Creek crossings questions?

I would be interested in hearing about your off-trail bypass of the
crossing if you scout it out. I had considered mapping an alternative
route through the Sierras as I did not like the high altitude so much
and a lower altitude alternative might have aided my journey. But I
did not have anything other than the Harrison JMT maps and the guide
book which provide only a small sliver of map. What maps are you
using or are you using something like TOPO!?

Where I live, just because there is a trail on a map doesn't mean
there is a trail in real life. So I'm always wary of alternative
routes unless I hear that someone has done them.