[pct-l] 100 good miles to hike in March?

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Sun Dec 13 17:45:12 CST 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 3:29 PM, JEAN NELSON
<jeanmnelson at email.phoenix.edu> wrote:
> Now I've been wondering about section A from Campo to Warner Springs.  The guidebook says there can be snow in the Lagunas.  Would anyone have advice for me about this section, or other alternatives I may be missing?

If you are in the Lagunas during a storm it can be pretty extreme,
with high winds and blowing snow. About a week or two of each winter
there is enough snow on the ground there to XC ski, but probably not
in March. No snow on the ground up there now, according to the view
from the cams, and we just finished a week of storms.

IMHO, March would be a great time for that trip.

Here is a link to the real-time weather data and cams on Mt Laguna
http://hpwren.ucsd.edu/Sensors/