[pct-l] Stove canisters

Steve McAllister brooklynkayak at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 12:20:52 CST 2009

> In the west where fire season is 365 days, alocohol stoves are a trend that
> need to just go away.

For another opinion, I wasn't aware of alcohol stoves causing any wild
fires on the PCT, that doesn't make sense, unless someone had some
bizarro design that spewed flames.
All the designs I've used are dead simple and don't do anything
unexpected like other stoves and I've seen my share of scary instances
with both cannister and petro stoves.

I grew up with petro and canister stoves and I feel much safer with an
alcohol stove.

I'd bet that wild fires were started by conventional fires in far more cases.
A drunk person shouldn't be playing with fire of any kind and drunk
partying tends to happen around campfires.

I will admit that esbit is a pretty light and safe way to go.

--
... when your feeling blue, and you've lost all your dreams, there's
nothing like a campfire and a can of beans!

http://kayakbrooklyn.blogspot.com