[pct-l] jet boil

Steve McAllister brooklynkayak at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 07:30:16 CST 2009

My experience with alcohol stoves is much different from others on this list.

I guess I've had good alcohol stove designs. I've owned a few.
I can get a rolling boil with 1 liter in approx. 10 minutes depending
on weather conditions. I do this on one filling.

I have never had alcohol stoves flair up, explode or any of the other
stories I've heard.

I experienced many issues with cannister stoves. They have gaskets,
valves and other fidgety things that leak, break, wear out and need
occasional maintenance and parts.

I have seen major flare ups from a leaky gasket or valve.

A beer can stove doesn't need any maintenance, no parts, gaskets,
valves, ... to wear out.

 Cannisters can only be purchased at outfitters. Alcohol can be had at
hardware stores, auto parts stores, supermarkets, ....