[pct-l] Tent Idea on Ebay

Brian Lewis brianle8 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 18:17:59 CST 2009

Mariann said:
"I guess it is a good thing the winter is long, by spring I might have
figured out what to buy!"

Given that you have some time, you might make a short list of tents that you
would like and watch for opportunities to buy them on sale.  For example,
Six Moon Designs has a 15% off sale now if I recall correctly.
Alternatively, you could look to buy a used tent.   Backpackinglight.com has
forums for both of these purposes,
"Gear Deals":
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/display_forum.html?forum=20
"Gear Swap":
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/display_forum.html?forum=19

Similarly backcountryforum has a "buy and sell gear here" forum:
http://www.backcountryforum.com/

Whiteblaze has something similar:
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=440

And there are likely other such.

Another approach to consider is to make your own "tarptent for two" via the
tarptent.com site:
http://tarptent.com/projects/tarpdesign.html

Brian Lewis / Gadget '08
http://postholer.com/brianle