[pct-l] southbound from Manning Park

Amanda Tyson Stahl amandartyson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 22:55:16 CDT 2009

Oats and I did a northbound thru-hike in '07, but got snowed off the
trail at Rainy Pass. We're planning to go back and hike that section
by starting at Manning Park and hiking south to Stehekin in September.

Does anyone know if we need any special permits (besides passports) to
cross back into the US along the trail?
Does anyone know offhand what permit(s) we need for the Pasayten
Wilderness and North Cascades NP, or what's the best way to find out?

Thanks! We're looking forward to seeing a bunch of northbound hikers
on their final stretch!

Moonshadow