[pct-l] Poopy Without Rocks and Such

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Thu Oct 30 21:44:12 CDT 2008

Good evening, All,

I've tired many different kinds of wipe media -- whether out of curiosity or
necessity -- but I generally use paper tissue.  However I don't use the
typical rolled product sold as "toilet tissue". I've begun using Kleenex
packaged in the small, pocket size, 15-tissue packets.  The packets are
commonly available; they can be purchased each or as a bundle so you don't
end up in a resupply town with a sack of 5 extra rolls of TP; they are a
compact, well protected unit; and they are quick and easy to toss into a
resupply box.  While one packet lasts for about five days, I usually carry
two packets away from town.  My packets weigh 0.80 oz. each.

Outdoor stores often sell camper tissue in little packets, but they usually
cost more, are less readily available, and they -- along with the tissue
found with military rations -- seem to be compressed and spring-loaded such
that after opening they get away and spread in the wind like dandelion
fluff.

I find that I use less material when it's Kleenex vs. TP, and I also find
that the used tissues are more readily stuffed into the holding sack than
are the long streams of tissue.  In that regard you folks who bury won't
find any real difference.

I can generally spot those folks who use rocks, sticks, cones, and the like:
They seem to have a peculiar gate, as though they are hiking with chapped
lips.

Steel-Eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=4645