[pct-l] Poopy Rocks?

bighummel at aol.com bighummel at aol.com
Thu Oct 30 20:43:32 CDT 2008

I just had to chime in on this.?Those innocent looking smooth rocks have come along a 5 billion year journey, just like the one you're on except they have several billion years to go!?Just in the same way that each atom and molecule of your body has been replaced and now, some 10-20 or 30 years down the road you are not the same person you once were, these rocks have been altered one atom and/or molecule at a time over the millennia.?Now, out of respect for the ancient ones and time and march of diagenesis, for God's sake don't wipe your carbon-based waste upon their souls!!!? They breath as you and I do, only over a much longer time frame.?There be fluids coursing through their avenues just?as you have blood coursing through your veins.? Their coats of lichen keep them protected from the elements and the years have worn off the harsh corners of their attitudes.?

So, please choose a leaf, a smooth stick, a dirty sock, your finger (!) even, but never, never use a rock, a thing of beauty and time.

Greg Hummel