[pct-l] no hitchhiking

Kathi pogo at zamika.com
Sun Oct 19 21:37:25 CDT 2008

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and comments about hitch hiking. I am
still reading through them as I just got back to my computer. Thank you
all for your thoughts and time in answering.

My opinion may indeed change when I am on the trail as I am sure a lot
of what I think I am planning to do will change in A LOT of ways when I
really get out there. The planning is a heck of a lot of fun though!

A few have asked why I don't want to hitch, basically I had a VERY BAD
previous experience (which fortunately was not as bad as it could have
been) when I was younger and I did not see or feel any red flags with
the hitch. So now I am not real keen on the idea of hitching. Going with
a group of people who have a ride is something I am willing to do...
maybe even yogi-ing a ride, but that is a little iffy too. I want to
plan on not always having a group that I can go with though, but if I do
that's just all the better. :)

Now on to reading all your great comments... thank you!
Kathi