[pct-l] What's up with the Water Report?????????

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Oct 19 10:16:31 CDT 2008

On Oct 18, 2008, at 9:33 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> Hiking PCT mile 190 to 77 SOBO starting tomorrow.
> I went to the water report www.4jeffrey.net and NO ONE except
> Charlie Jone,  Hiking Jim and Asabat himself have submitted water
> data since the thru's went through.................. pretty much
> since April, May and June.................. for the entire southern
> 700 miles of the trail.
>
> Who hikes in Southern California that can help with this?
>

> Warner Springs Monty
> Pacific Crest Trail 7500 Miles
> CDT 2009
> AT 2010

How does someone send in water report info? I hiked from Walker Pass
to Canebrake Rd. last weekend with Tom, The Incredible (shrinking)
Bulk and Sue Peas and could report:
- the water at the trough at Walker Pass CG was just as full as summer,
- the water at Joshua Tree Spring was flowing just like summer,
- the first Spanish Needle Creek crossing was dry with a couple of
holes dug in the mud that pooled enough water to filter,
- the second Spanish Needle crossing was flowing well with more water
than I remembered in summer,
- the third Spanish Needle crossing had a trickle,
- the source above the first crossing was still dripping,
- Chimney Creek at Canebrake Rd. still had a small amount of water.

There ya go. But that doesn't help you, Monty. Sorry about that.

Piper/Diane