[pct-l] LA rain

Postholer public at postholer.com
Wed Nov 26 23:54:30 CST 2008

Probably not. You'll certainly have some short term run-off. Some flash
flood watches were even posted.

The best 24 hour totals I could find for SoCal (at 6pm) were in excess of 3
inches, near Wrightwood. Alot for 24 hours, but I doubt enough to start the
winter water flows. In the valleys near Pasadena, I could only find 2 inches
at most in the last 24 hours. Idylwild had an unimpressive 3/4 inch.

-postholer

Someone earlier mentioned the rain "was not enough to prime the seasonal
springs yet".   I do not have any experiential reference for this, but shoot
my intuition tells me this should be more than enough.  Thoughts?