[pct-l] Low cost hike

CuppaJoe cuppajoeat at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 21:25:01 CST 2008

It depends on what you want to count as an expense. For me, I consider my
hiking expense to be the money I actually spend on the trail. I figure gear
and everything else should already have been factored in if you are foing to
attempt a thru.

With that in mind, last year, I started a thru on the PCT and had to get off
at Toulomne Meadows in the Sierra's due to inury .. That is about 1,000
miles and in that 1,000 miles I spent close to 1200 dollars. If I had been
able to go all the way I figure it would have cost me around 2600. Now that
is me .. I do not spend alot in town though I do go into town .. Find a good
group and share expenses.

I spent 4 days in Idyllwild waiting for a fire and hardly spent anything ..
camped at the park for 3.00 a night. It is just a matter of how YOU control
your money ,,,, This does not mean skimpng on those few places out there
that are maintained by Trail Angels ...never skimp on them, dump more into
them than into towns because they are where you need them the most :)

Just my opinion and for what it is worth I hiked the entire AT for 2400 ...

Cuppa

--
As you travel down the road of life remember this: There are never enough
comfort stops. The places you're going to are never on the map. And once you