[pct-l] Walker Pass Food Ruck

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Fri May 23 13:39:53 CDT 2008

PostHoler wrote: In my opinion, you could call the weather weird (at the moment) and mean it.?
Note: this post was sent to prop up the fair-weather trail angels decision to cancel their food ruck at Walker Pass. Hey Switchback, alleged trail pirate, you shoulda got the Prius with 4 wheel drive and Yosemite Sam "back-off" mud flaps! ;)?
Switchback replies: Yes, there are always those who would critique the real mountainmen of the trail.? The mountainmen who have the food and drinks.? So, I would be careful and respectful of Trail Pirates driving PCT hybrid support vehicles.? I may just run out of grub just as your weary body gets to the front of the AYCE food line.

I will be thinking of all the hikers at Walker Pass this weekend waiting and anticipating warm food and spicy chips/salsa.? I wonder how many will be there?? If it were a lot, I would feel a little bad - but that would pass quickly.? But if only a few starve, then we can just chalk that up to the cost of doing business on the trail - no biggie.? Of course, if it turns into a Donner Party phenomena, then I guess there would be a lot of hikers out looking for me.