[pct-l] Unusual Weather - You can say it and mean it.

Postholer public at postholer.com
Fri May 23 13:23:49 CDT 2008

Yes, Martha, the weather is genuinely weird.

First peculiarty. A large, building low pressure over the Great Basin is
retrograding, meaning it's moving/building to the west. The west coasts
weather normally doesn't come from the east. This is very unusual but not
unheard of.

Next, said low pressure broke Sacramento's all time surface low pressure for
May of 29.50 to 29.36 this morning. This record goes back to 1878.

As a contrast, just a week ago we had record breaking high temps in NorCal,
et al.

In my opinion, you could call the weather weird (at the moment) and mean it.

Note: this post was sent to prop up the fair-weather trail angels decision
to cancel their food ruck at Walker Pass. Hey Switchback, alledged trail
pirate, you shoulda got the Prius with 4 wheel drive and Yosemite Sam
"back-off" mud flaps! ;)

-postholer