[pct-l] Walker Pass Food Ruck

taterno at cox.net taterno at cox.net
Fri May 23 15:07:48 CDT 2008

SB, check out the following link for Walker Pass weather.

http://raws.wrh.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/roman/meso_base.cgi?stn=ONYC1&time=GMT

It's not so bad out there.  You are wimping out, me thinks so.  Think about the brave hikers.  Heck, even I'll be out near San Jacinto this weekend.  Arrgh.  You are loosing your tough, trail sacking reputation.  Arrgh.

The Incredible Bulk

---- hiker97 at aol.com wrote:

PostHoler wrote: In my opinion, you could call the weather weird (at the moment) and mean it.?
Note: this post was sent to prop up the fair-weather trail angels decision to cancel their food ruck at Walker Pass. Hey Switchback, alleged trail pirate, you shoulda got the Prius with 4 wheel drive and Yosemite Sam "back-off" mud flaps! ;)?
Switchback replies: Yes, there are always those who would critique the real mountainmen of the trail.? The mountainmen who have the food and drinks.? So, I would be careful and respectful of Trail Pirates driving PCT hybrid support vehicles.? I may just run out of grub just as your weary body gets to the front of the AYCE food line.

I will be thinking of all the hikers at Walker Pass this weekend waiting and anticipating warm food and spicy chips/salsa.? I wonder how many will be there?? If it were a lot, I would feel a little bad - but that would pass quickly.? But if only a few starve, then we can just chalk that up to the cost of doing business on the trail - no biggie.? Of course, if it turns into a Donner Party phenomena, then I guess there would be a lot of hikers out looking for me.