[pct-l] Dealing with the Trail Pirate

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Mar 30 09:27:53 CDT 2008

Tortoise writes: No way Jose!  You too Reinhold.  the  trail pirate, being
the incarnation of  a mysterious rogue of the past, can  only be repulsed by
weapons of the area.  Modern weapons are out of time  synchronization with the
pirate and will thus go right past the pirate as though  he wasn't even there.
Of course he is and was.  so beware!
Switchback the Trail Pirate replies: Huh!  Did someone say  something?  Hey,
I was taking a nice meritorious combat nap from the PCT-L  and now Tortoise
has woken me up from my peaceful slumber.  Mean  Tortoise.  Bad Tortoise.

Now that I am a wake.  Let's see now.  I notice over at
_www.mountainLaurelDesigns.com_ (http://www.mountainLaurelDesigns.com)   they have their MLD
2Thirds XP Quilt in extra large at 10 ounces -- I recommend  you get extra large so
there are no air leaks around you.  Not bad at all  if you use a nice down
jacket or something equal.  That is pretty  nice.  I really like the look of the
_www.antigravitygear.com_ (http://www.antigravitygear.com)  Caldera  Cone
Stoves.  I still think the SixMoonDesigns.com Serenity NetTent and  their cape is
something to consider for super light weightiness.  I also  still think the
RainWarps, Potty Trowel (illegal ice ax), and  Overmitts from
_www.ula-equipment.com_ (http://www.ula-equipment.com)  are a good  bet.  And of course, there
are cool items over at _www.GossamerGear.com_ (http://www.GossamerGear.com)
like their  Mariposa Plus pack.

On a personal note, I have decided not to backpack until my body weight  gets
below 240 pounds.  Then I will hit the trail again.  My eventual  goal is
below 215 pounds.  It is a fight to the finish -- a long a  protracted war of the
scorched earth variety.  No quarter asked and no  quarter given.  The wounded
will be bayoneted.  Chemical weapons will  be freely used.  Any lucky
prisoners will be immediately auctioned off into  galley slaves or Super Delegates.

Outside of that, have a nice day.  Now I am going back to sleep.   By the
way, there is no defense against Trail Pirates.  Just accept your  fate and try
to enjoy it.

Home.