[pct-l] 2008 resupply recom.

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 10:54:29 CDT 2008

Did I send this people?  I'm still getting used to Gmail...before my
computer crashed, Drafts had their own file, away from my Inbox.  If this is
a repeat, sorry.......FireFly

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 7:13 PM, Georgi Heitman <bobbnweav at gmail.com> wrote:

> Laurie and Brenda in Belden should be good, also the P.O. has interesting
> hours of operation, however the Post Mistress will leave packages out for
> you if you get in touch with her.
>

> Drakesbad will get your packages if you plan to stop there, and only
> idiots pass that place by with it's fantastic hosts, hot springs showers and
> pool and fantabulous gourmet meals.  www.drakesbad.com
>

> At Old Station, just a days walk from Drakesbad, the Heitman's will pick
> up and hold your packages/mail, and be your hosts.  Dennis aand I also
> provide camp sites, the tree house, breakfast and dinner, hiker boxes( food,
> clothing, med/toiletries,  etc), hot tub,hammocks, shopping in Burney ( the
> town, not the Falls) and Redding, transportation within reason, DSL and
> phone with a card. We have parking available for cars, bikes and
> trailers/motorhomes, etc, long and short term, and welcome dogs on
> leases. (we have cats that are less hospitable, but are willing to share
> their space as long as they're not chased).  We've even accomodated horses
> and burros.  We supply one of the two utterly dependable water caches on the
> Hat Creek Rim.  We love company....come see us.  We can be reached at this
> new email address bobbnweav at gmail.com or 530.335.7463.

   Burney Falls Store will hold your packages for $5.00 an item.  The hitch
from Hwy 299 into the  town of Burney can be nasty...if you must send a
package to the P.O. there, better to go on into the Park and ask Trail
Angel/Rangers Shirley or Jason to snag you a ride into town.  Shirley's at
the entrance kiosk and is usually the one who checks you into the Hike and
Bike campsite.  Neat lady.  Jason shares Shirley's job, I think and is just
around as well.
    FireFly
 Oh, shopping is a 30 minute drive one way, so...we'd appreciate advanced
notice re big groups  (herds/waves), kosher, vegetarians or veggans, etc.
It's not a requirement, but it's nice to have...we like to cater to special
needs.