[pct-l] Road to VVR

Cris cj5w4wd at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 30 19:20:45 CDT 2008

Hi Dusty
I haven't been there since 2000 but when I made that trip I WAY
underestimated how long it would take.  Where the road gets very narrow and
bumpy is after the cutoff to Florence Lake, as I remember.  We had a caravan
which included a Volvo wagon and they made it OK.  Figure about 5-10 MPH
from Florence Lake to VVR and know how to position your car on the rocks so
you don't bottom out.  Check with VVR about current road conditions and
don't forget to buy your souvenir T-Shirt, cup or bandana "I survived the
road to VVR".

Cris
...mountains don't tolerate fools...