[pct-l] Oregon Section Hiking

Melissa 'Liss' Cain melissa at pixysticks.net
Mon Jun 30 18:56:42 CDT 2008

Hi, all!

As I posted much earlier this year, I'm going to hike from Siskiyou
Summit, hopefully all the way to Cascade Locks, since I can't get the
time to through hike (yet).  (Silly young teenagers, needing their Mom
at home.)

Unfortunately, my return time is set in stone, so I have to hit Ashland
mid-July.  I would appreciate any input from people who have done that
section on strategies for making it as good as it can get.  I know about
the bugs and have a head net, long-sleeved and legged clothes, and
insect repellent, as well as a tent (Lunar Solo).  I would just really
appreciate any ideas about the things that I might be forgetting.

Edited to add:  After yesterday's report of snow making people turn
around, I'm wondering how bad it's going to be then.

Does anyone have any input?  I'm used to the snow here in Western
Washington, but not so familiar with how Southern Oregon melts out.

Thanks!
~ Liss, information junkie

--
Anywhere is walking distance, if you have the time.  - Steven Wright

Help me hike the Pacific Crest Trail!
http://www.dreamingcrowstudios.com