[pct-l] Mt. Hood Snow Level

Wayne Kraft wayneskraft at comcast.net
Sat Jun 28 23:58:46 CDT 2008

Here's a link to a trip report that establishes the snow level near
Oregon's Mt. Hood at around 4000 feet as of yesterday, but the report
is way more than that.  Note the PCT in the northern portion of the
topo map in the first image to get yourself oriented.  These are some
wonderful shots of an area rarely visited in these conditions:

http://www.portlandhikers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=174

It was very hot in north Oregon today.  The high temp where I hiked
east of the Cascades was over 100 degrees.  I spent the hot hours in
siesta, however, not hiking. The Deschutes is running strong and lots
of water spilling over the dams on the Columbia.

Wayne Kraft